Total oil & gas industry cross border deals worth $13.8bn were announced globally for July 2021, with the $6.5bn acquisition of Atotech Deutschland being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 164.6% over the previous month of $5.2bn and a rise of 117.4% when compared with the last 12-month average of $6.33bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 3.45% with 28 deals in July 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 29 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with cross border deals worth $12.07bn in July 2021.
oil & gas industry cross border deals in July 2021: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 97.8% of the overall value during July 2021.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $13.45bn, against the overall value of $13.8bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry cross border deals of July 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Atotech Deutschland $6.5bn acquisition deal with MKS Instruments
2) The $4.75bn acquisition of Allnex Germany by PTTGC International (Netherlands)
3) Thai Oil acquisition of 15.38% Stake In PT Chandra Asri For $1.18 Billion
4) U-POL $592.25m acquisition deal with Axalta Coating Systems
5) The $430m venture financing of Pivot Bio by Breakthrough Energy Ventures,Bunge Ventures,Continental Grain,DCVC Management Co,G2VP,Generation Investment Management,Pavilion Capital,Prelude Ventures,Rockefeller Capital Management,Roger Underwood,Tekfen Ventures and Temasek Holdings (Private)