Total oil & gas industry cross border deals worth $13.8bn were announced globally for July 2021, with the $6.5bn acquisition of Atotech Deutschland being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 164.6% over the previous month of $5.2bn and a rise of 117.4% when compared with the last 12-month average of $6.33bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 3.45% with 28 deals in July 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 29 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with cross border deals worth $12.07bn in July 2021.
oil & gas industry cross border deals in July 2021: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 97.8% of the overall value during July 2021.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $13.45bn, against the overall value of $13.8bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry cross border deals of July 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Atotech Deutschland $6.5bn acquisition deal with MKS Instruments
2) The $4.75bn acquisition of Allnex Germany by PTTGC International (Netherlands)
3) Thai Oil acquisition of 15.38% Stake In PT Chandra Asri For $1.18 Billion
4) U-POL $592.25m acquisition deal with Axalta Coating Systems
5) The $430m venture financing of Pivot Bio by Breakthrough Energy Ventures,Bunge Ventures,Continental Grain,DCVC Management Co,G2VP,Generation Investment Management,Pavilion Capital,Prelude Ventures,Rockefeller Capital Management,Roger Underwood,Tekfen Ventures and Temasek Holdings (Private)