Total oil & gas industry cross border deals worth $15.4bn were announced globally for September 2022, with the $7.16bn acquisition of NewMed EnergyPartnership being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 94.5% over the previous month of $7.94bn and a rise of 12.7% when compared with the last 12-month average of $13.7bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 33.33% with 64 deals in September 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 96 deals.
In value terms, Middle East and Africa led the activity with cross border deals worth $7.34bn in September 2022.
Oil & Gas industry cross border deals in September 2022: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 95% of the overall value during September 2022.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $14.66bn, against the overall value of $15.4bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry cross border deals of September 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Capricorn Energy’s $7.16bn acquisition deal with NewMed EnergyPartnership
2) The $4.8bn asset transaction deal for 25% stake in Repsol by EIG Global Energy Partners
3) IKAV Capital Partners’s $2bn acquisition deal with Shell Onshore Ventures
4) The $628m asset transaction of Seadrill by ADES Arabia Holding
5) Tufton Oceanic Assets’s $73m asset transaction deal with Capital Maritime & Trading