Total oil & gas industry cross border deals worth $15.7bn were announced globally for April 2021, with the $12.4bn private equity deal with Aramco Oil Pipelines being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 465.5% over the previous month of $2.78bn and a rise of 75.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $8.95bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 13.43% with 58 deals in April 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 67 deals.
In value terms, Middle East and Africa led the activity with cross border deals worth $13.71bn in April 2021.
Oil & Gas industry cross border deals in April 2021: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 93.1% of the overall value during April 2021.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $14.64bn, against the overall value of $15.7bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry cross border deals of April 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) EIG Global Energy Partners’ $12.4bn private equity deal for 49% stake with Aramco Oil Pipelines
2) The $1.1bn asset transaction for 22% stake with Delek DrillingPartnership by Mubadala Petroleum
3) NB Renaissance Partners’ $433.67m private equity deal with SICIT 2000
4) The $389.92m merger deal of Navigator Holdings and Ultragas
5) Enerplus’ asset transaction deal with Hess for $312m.