Total oil & gas industry cross border deals worth $3.6bn were announced globally for August 2022, with the $950m acquisition of Minnesota Rubber & Plastics Corporate being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 68.8% over the previous month of $2.15bn and a drop of 46.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $6.73bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 20.59% with 27 deals in August 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 34 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with cross border deals worth $1.25bn in August 2022.
Oil & Gas industry cross border deals in August 2022: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 74% of the overall value during August 2022.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $2.69bn, against the overall value of $3.6bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry cross border deals of August 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Trelleborg’s $950m acquisition deal with Minnesota Rubber & Plastics Corporate
2) The $558.07m acquisition of 25% stake in Sol Investments SEZC by Parkland
3) Caspi Oil Gas’s $427.7m acquisition deal with Liberty Resources Acquisition
4) The $379.06m private equity of 19.8% stake in Abu Qir Fertilizers and Chemical Industries by The Saudi Public Investment Fund
5) The Saudi Public Investment Fund’s $370.19m private equity deal for 25% stake with Misr Fertilizers Production Co