Total oil & gas industry cross border deals worth $5.2bn were announced globally for June 2021, with the $2bn acquisition of Perimeter Solutions being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 111.8% over the previous month of $2.45bn and a drop of 18.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $6.39bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a rise of 33.33% with 36 deals in June 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 27 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with cross border deals worth $3.06bn in June 2021.
Oil & Gas industry cross border deals in June 2021: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 93.1% of the overall value during June 2021.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $4.83bn, against the overall value of $5.2bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry cross border deals of June 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) EverArc Holdings’ $2bn acquisition of Perimeter Solutions
2) The $1.01bn acquisition of Niacet by Kerry Group
3) Heubach and SK Capital Partners’ $913.87m private equity deal with Clariant
4) The $511.16m acquisition deal of Coventya by Element Solutions
5) The $392.83m acquisition of 92.25% stake in OMV Slovenija by MOL.