Total oil & gas industry cross border deals worth $5.4bn were announced globally for August 2021, with the $2.55bn acquisition of 50% stake in Scotland Gas Networks being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 61.7% over the previous month of $14.11bn and a drop of 27.9% when compared with the last 12-month average of $7.49bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 3.33% with 29 deals in August 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 30 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with cross border deals worth $3.5bn in August 2021.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
oil & gas industry cross border deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 95% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $5.13bn, against the overall value of $5.4bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry cross border deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Brookfield Super-Core Infrastructure Partners and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan $2.55bn acquisition deal for 50% stake in Scotland Gas Networks
2) The $1.3bn acquisition of OxitenoIndustria E Comercio by Indorama Ventures
3) BC Partners Fund XI and CPP Investment Board European Holdings $942.61m private equity deal with CeramTec
4) The $200m private equity of AGP CGD India by ISQ Global Infrastructure Fund III and ISQ Growth Markets Infrastructure Fund
5) Raizen Energia $130m acquisition deal with Barcos y Rodados