Total oil & gas industry cross border deals worth $5.4bn were announced globally for August 2021, with the $2.55bn acquisition of 50% stake in Scotland Gas Networks being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 61.7% over the previous month of $14.11bn and a drop of 27.9% when compared with the last 12-month average of $7.49bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 3.33% with 29 deals in August 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 30 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with cross border deals worth $3.5bn in August 2021.
oil & gas industry cross border deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 95% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $5.13bn, against the overall value of $5.4bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry cross border deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Brookfield Super-Core Infrastructure Partners and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan $2.55bn acquisition deal for 50% stake in Scotland Gas Networks
2) The $1.3bn acquisition of OxitenoIndustria E Comercio by Indorama Ventures
3) BC Partners Fund XI and CPP Investment Board European Holdings $942.61m private equity deal with CeramTec
4) The $200m private equity of AGP CGD India by ISQ Global Infrastructure Fund III and ISQ Growth Markets Infrastructure Fund
5) Raizen Energia $130m acquisition deal with Barcos y Rodados
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed cross border deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.