Total oil & gas industry cross border deals worth $679.24m were announced globally for November 2020, with Recticel’s $298.21m acquisition of FoamPartner Switzerland being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 89.3% over the previous month of $6.34bn and a drop of 90.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $7.37bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 45.21% over the last 12-month average with 40 deals against the average of 73 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with cross border deals worth $355.77m in November 2020.
oil & gas industry cross border deals in November 2020: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 74.8% of the overall value during November 2020.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $508.29m, against the overall value of $679.24m recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry cross border deals of November 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Recticel’s $298.21m acquisition of FoamPartner Switzerland
2) The $71m asset transaction with TRF Ship Management by Delta Tankers
3) Freehold Royalties’ $58m acquisition of Oil And Gas Assets in US
4) The $45.2m asset transaction deal of Xihe Group of Companies by Pantheon Tankers Management
5) Tokyo Gas Asia’s acquisition deal with PT Energy Mina Abadi for $35.88m.