Total oil & gas industry cross border deals worth $7.1bn were announced globally for January 2021, with the $3.1bn acquisition of Hygo Energy Transition being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 57.2% over the previous month of $16.57bn and a rise of 2.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $6.94bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 31.88% with 47 deals in January 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 69 deals.
In value terms, South and Central America led the activity with cross border deals worth $5.07bn in January 2021.
Oil & Gas industry cross border deals in January 2021: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 86.7% of the overall value during January 2021.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $6.15bn, against the overall value of $7.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry cross border deals of January 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) New Fortress Energy’s $3.1bn acquisition of Hygo Energy Transition
2) The $1.9bn acquisition of Golar LNG Partners by New Fortress Energy
3) Enerplus’ $465m acquisition of Bruin E&P HoldCo
4) The $367.82m acquisition deal of Mom Holding by KCC
5) TMS Cardiff Gas’ asset transaction deal with MatlinPatterson Global Advisers for $320m.