Total Oil & gas industry cross border deals worth $7.3bn were announced globally for May 2022, with the Advent International and Lanxess $4.14bn private equity deal with Koninklijke DSM being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 1314.2% over the previous month of $513.36m and a drop of 2.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $7.45bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a flat growth with 33 deals in May 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 33 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with cross border deals worth $6.75bn in May 2022.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Oil & gas industry cross border deals in May 2022: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 98.7% of the overall value during May 2022.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $7.16bn, against the overall value of $7.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five Oil & gas industry cross border deals of May 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Advent International and Lanxess $4.14bn private equity deal with Koninklijke DSM
2) The $2.39bn acquisition of Perstorp Holding by Petronas Chemicals Group
3) Snam $350m acquisition deal with Golar LNG NB 13
4) The $150m venture financing of Carbon Clean Solutions by AXA Investment Managers,Cemex Ventures Espana SLU,Chevron Technology Ventures,Marubeni,Samsung Ventures Investment,Saudi Aramco Energy Ventures,TransCanada PipeLines and Wave Equity Partners
5) Cercano Management,Chaac Ventures,Conversion Capital,Enterprise Holdings,Equinor Ventures,Invus Opportunities,Madrona Venture Group,Maveron,Mitsubishi,Perot Jain,Renewable Energy Group,Rose Park Advisors,Thayer Ventures and Version One Ventures $125m venture financing deal with Booster Fuels