Total oil & gas industry deals for April 2020 worth $5.14bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 56.8% over the previous month and a drop of 82.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $29.49bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 47.1% over the last 12-month average with 99 deals against the average of 187 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $2.4bn.
Oil & gas industry deals in April 2020: Top deals
The top five oil & gas deals accounted for 41.9% of the overall value during April 2020.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas deals stood at $2.16bn, against the overall value of $5.14bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of April 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Apollo Global Management, Double Eagle Energy Holdings, FourPoint Energy, Magnetar Capital and Quantum Energy Partners’ $750m private equity deal with DoublePoint Energy
2) The $575m asset transaction with Tullow Uganda and Tullow Uganda Operations by Total
3) ArcLight Capital Partners’ $400m private equity deal with Camelback Midstream Holdings
4) The $241.98m acquisition of Jizhou Huayang Chemical by Zhejiang Xinan Chemical Industrial Group(Wynca Group)
5) China Development Bank Financial Leasing’s asset transaction with New Ocean Shipbuilding for $188.92m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.