Total oil & gas industry deals for June 2020 worth $18.5bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 332.7% over the previous month and a rise of 2.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $18.12bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 13.3% over the last 12-month average with 157 deals against the average of 181 deals.
In value terms, Middle East and Africa led the activity with deals worth $10.16bn.
Oil & gas industry deals in June 2020: Top deals
The top five oil & gas deals accounted for 87.3% of the overall value during June 2020.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas deals stood at $16.15bn, against the overall value of $18.5bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of June 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Brookfield Asset Management, GIC, Global Infrastructure Management, NH Investment & Securities, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan and Snam’s $10.1bn acquisition of ADNOC Gas Pipeline Assets
2) The $5bn asset transaction with BP by Ineos Group
3) TPG Sixth Street Partners’ $402m acquisition of Antero Resources
4) The $385.59m merger of China XD Plastics, Faith Dawn and Faith Horizon by
5) Brookfield Asset Management’s private equity deal with Superior Plus for $260m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.