Total oil & gas industry deals worth $10.76bn were announced globally for January 2021, with the $3.1bn acquisition of Hygo Energy Transition being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 62.3% over the previous month of $28.55bn and a drop of 52.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $22.81bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 36.13% with 122 deals in January 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 191 deals.
In value terms, South and Central America led the activity with deals worth $5.21bn in January 2021.
Oil & Gas industry deals in January 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 63.9% of the overall value during January 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $6.88bn, against the overall value of $10.76bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of January 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) New Fortress Energy’s $3.1bn acquisition of Hygo Energy Transition
2) The $1.9bn acquisition of Golar LNG Partners by New Fortress Energy
3) Heirs Holdings and Transnational Corporation of Nigeria’s $802m asset transaction with Eni, Shell Petroleum Developmentof Nigeria Ltd and Total E&P Nigeria
4) The $614.14m acquisition deal of Scapa Group by AMS Holdco 2
5) Enerplus’ venture financing deal with Bruin E&P HoldCo for $465m.