Total oil & gas industry deals worth $10.76bn were announced globally for January 2021, with the $3.1bn acquisition of Hygo Energy Transition being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 62.3% over the previous month of $28.55bn and a drop of 52.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $22.81bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 36.13% with 122 deals in January 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 191 deals.
In value terms, South and Central America led the activity with deals worth $5.21bn in January 2021.
Oil & Gas industry deals in January 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 63.9% of the overall value during January 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $6.88bn, against the overall value of $10.76bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of January 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) New Fortress Energy’s $3.1bn acquisition of Hygo Energy Transition
2) The $1.9bn acquisition of Golar LNG Partners by New Fortress Energy
3) Heirs Holdings and Transnational Corporation of Nigeria’s $802m asset transaction with Eni, Shell Petroleum Developmentof Nigeria Ltd and Total E&P Nigeria
4) The $614.14m acquisition deal of Scapa Group by AMS Holdco 2
5) Enerplus’ venture financing deal with Bruin E&P HoldCo for $465m.