Total Oil & gas industry deals worth $10bn were announced globally for July 2022, with the $1.96bn acquisition of Shell Midstream Partners being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 28.4% over the previous month of $13.9bn and a drop of 42.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $17.22bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 13.39% with 97 deals in July 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 112 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $5.52bn in July 2022.
Oil & gas industry deals in July 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 59.8% of the overall value during July 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $5.94bn, against the overall value of $10bn recorded for the month.
The top five Oil & gas industry deals of July 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Shell USA $1.96bn acquisition deal for 31.5% stake in Shell Midstream Partners
2) The $1.56bn acquisition of 50% stake in Shanghai SECCO Petrochemical by Ineos Group
3) PBF Energy $1.1bn acquisition deal for 52.3% stake in PBF Logistics
4) The $690.21m acquisition of 49% stake in Hefei Gas Group by China Resources Gas Investment (China)
5) China Petroleum & Chemical $631m acquisition deal for 50% stake with INEOS Styrolution Advanced Materials (Ningbo)