Total Oil & gas industry deals worth $10bn were announced globally for July 2022, with the $1.96bn acquisition of Shell Midstream Partners being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 28.4% over the previous month of $13.9bn and a drop of 42.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $17.22bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 13.39% with 97 deals in July 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 112 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $5.52bn in July 2022.
Oil & gas industry deals in July 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 59.8% of the overall value during July 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $5.94bn, against the overall value of $10bn recorded for the month.
The top five Oil & gas industry deals of July 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Shell USA $1.96bn acquisition deal for 31.5% stake in Shell Midstream Partners
2) The $1.56bn acquisition of 50% stake in Shanghai SECCO Petrochemical by Ineos Group
3) PBF Energy $1.1bn acquisition deal for 52.3% stake in PBF Logistics
4) The $690.21m acquisition of 49% stake in Hefei Gas Group by China Resources Gas Investment (China)
5) China Petroleum & Chemical $631m acquisition deal for 50% stake with INEOS Styrolution Advanced Materials (Ningbo)
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.