Total Oil & gas industry deals worth $11.7bn were announced globally for May 2022, with the Advent International and Lanxess $4.14bn private equity deal with Koninklijke DSM being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 137.7% over the previous month of $4.93bn and a drop of 32.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $17.31bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 8.93% with 102 deals in May 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 112 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with deals worth $7.12bn in May 2022.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Oil & gas industry deals in May 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 72.05% of the overall value during May 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $8.45bn, against the overall value of $11.7bn recorded for the month.
The top five Oil & gas industry deals of May 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Advent International and Lanxess $4.14bn private equity deal with Koninklijke DSM
2) The $2.39bn acquisition of Perstorp Holding by Petronas Chemicals Group
3) TriSummit Utilities $800m acquisition deal with Cook Inlet Natural Gas Storage Alaska,ENSTAR Natural Gas and Norstar PipelineInc
4) The $600m acquisition of Sendero Midstream Partners by Crestwood Midstream Partners
5) Hoegh LNG Holdings $513.42m acquisition deal for 54.3% stake with Hoegh LNG Partners