Total oil & gas industry deals worth $12.2bn were announced globally for August 2021, with the $2.56bn acquisition of Sinclair Oil & Gas and Sinclair Transportation being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 41.8% over the previous month of $20.97bn and a drop of 36.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $19.25bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 18.58% with 92 deals in August 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 113 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $6.23bn in August 2021.
oil & gas industry deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 78.3% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $9.55bn, against the overall value of $12.2bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Holly Energy Partners and HollyFrontier $2.56bn acquisition deal with Sinclair Oil & Gas and Sinclair Transportation
2) The $2.55bn acquisition of Scotland Gas Networks by Brookfield Super-Core Infrastructure Partners and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan
3) Chesapeake Energy $2.2bn acquisition deal with Vine Energy
4) The $1.3bn acquisition of OxitenoIndustria E Comercio by Indorama Ventures
5) BC Partners Fund XI and CPP Investment Board European Holdings $942.61m private equity deal with CeramTec