Total Oil & gas industry deals worth $13.6bn were announced globally for June 2022, with the $3.55bn acquisition of Lucid Energy Group being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 15.01% over the previous month of $11.79bn and a drop of 22.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $17.52bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 10.53% with 102 deals in June 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 114 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $10.72bn in June 2022.
Oil & gas industry deals in June 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 61% of the overall value during June 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $8.26bn, against the overall value of $13.6bn recorded for the month.
The top five Oil & gas industry deals of June 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Targa Resources $3.55bn acquisition deal with Lucid Energy Group
2) The $1.7bn private equity deal with Double Eagle Energy Holdings IV and Tumbleweed Royalty IV by Apollo Natural Resources Partners Funds ,EnCap Investments and Magnetar Capital
3) Whitecap Resources $1.47bn acquisition deal with XTO Energy Canada
4) The $1.01bn private equity deal of 54.06% stake in PI Advanced Materials by Baring Private Equity Asia V Holding (1)
5) Compass Diversified Holdings $530m private equity deal with PrimaLoft