Total Oil & gas industry deals worth $13.6bn were announced globally for June 2022, with the $3.55bn acquisition of Lucid Energy Group being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 15.01% over the previous month of $11.79bn and a drop of 22.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $17.52bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 10.53% with 102 deals in June 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 114 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $10.72bn in June 2022.
Oil & gas industry deals in June 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 61% of the overall value during June 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $8.26bn, against the overall value of $13.6bn recorded for the month.
The top five Oil & gas industry deals of June 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Targa Resources $3.55bn acquisition deal with Lucid Energy Group
2) The $1.7bn private equity deal with Double Eagle Energy Holdings IV and Tumbleweed Royalty IV by Apollo Natural Resources Partners Funds ,EnCap Investments and Magnetar Capital
3) Whitecap Resources $1.47bn acquisition deal with XTO Energy Canada
4) The $1.01bn private equity deal of 54.06% stake in PI Advanced Materials by Baring Private Equity Asia V Holding (1)
5) Compass Diversified Holdings $530m private equity deal with PrimaLoft
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.