Total oil & gas industry deals worth $16.91bn were announced globally for March 2021, with the $1.65bn asset transaction with Petroleo Brasileiro being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 64.3% over the previous month of $47.3bn and a drop of 37.7% when compared with the last 12-month average of $27.15bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a rise of 2.15% with 190 deals in March 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 186 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $6.46bn in March 2021.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Oil & Gas industry deals in March 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 36.2% of the overall value during March 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $6.12bn, against the overall value of $16.91bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of March 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) MC Brazil Downstream Participacoes’ $1.65bn asset transaction with Petroleo Brasileiro
2) The $1.32bn acquisition of Noble Midstream Partners by Chevron
3) Cerberus Capital Management and Koch Minerals & Trading’s $1.1bn private equity deal with PQ Group Holdings
4) The $1.07bn merger deal of Secure Energy Services and Tervita
5) The merger deal with Diamond S Shipping and International Seaways for $981m.