Total oil & gas industry deals worth $26.7bn were announced globally for June 2021, with the $12.59bn acquisition of Inter Pipeline being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 132.8% over the previous month of $11.45bn and a rise of 34.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $19.8bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a flat growth with 106 deals in June 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 106 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $23.31bn in June 2021.
Oil & Gas industry deals in June 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 72.7% of the overall value during June 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $19.36bn, against the overall value of $26.7bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of June 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Pembina Pipeline’s $12.59bn acquisition of Inter Pipeline
2) The $2.7bn acquisition of Indigo Natural Resources by Southwestern Energy
3) EverArc Holdings’ $2bn acquisition of Perimeter Solutions
4) The $1.06bn acquisition deal of Crestone Peak Resources by Civitas Resources
5) Kerry Group’s acquisition deal with Niacet for $1.01bn.