Total oil & gas industry deals worth $28.8bn were announced globally for April 2021, with the $12.4bn private equity deal with Aramco Oil Pipelines being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 57.6% over the previous month of $18.25bn and a rise of 1.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $28.36bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 2.60% with 187 deals in April 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 192 deals.
In value terms, Middle East and Africa led the activity with deals worth $14.41bn in April 2021.
Oil & Gas industry deals in April 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 78.03% of the overall value during April 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $22.45bn, against the overall value of $28.8bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of April 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) EIG Global Energy Partners’ $12.4bn private equity deal for 49% stake with Aramco Oil Pipelines
2) The $6.2bn acquisition of DoublePoint Energy by Pioneer Natural Resources
3) Summit Utilities’ $2.15bn asset transaction with CenterPoint Energy Resources
4) The $1.1bn asset transaction deal of Delek DrillingPartnership by Mubadala Petroleum
5) Trafigura’s acquisition of 31.78% stake in Puma Energy Holdings for $600m.