Total oil & gas industry deals worth $36.08bn were announced globally for February 2021, with the $7.2bn acquisition of Enable Midstream Partners being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 230.1% over the previous month of $10.93bn and a rise of 53.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $23.54bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 23.53% with 143 deals in February 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 187 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $22.72bn in February 2021.
Oil & Gas industry deals in February 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 64.7% of the overall value during February 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $23.35bn, against the overall value of $36.08bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of February 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Energy Transfer’s $7.2bn acquisition of Enable Midstream Partners
2) The $5.2bn private equity deal with Natural Gas Pipelineof America LLC by ArcLight Capital Partners
3) Bain Capital Private Equity and Cinven’s $4.67bn private equity deal with Lonza
4) The $3.69bn merger deal of ARC Resources and Seven Generations Energy by
5) PTTEP Mena’s asset transaction deal with BP Exploration (Epsilon) for $2.59bn.