Total oil & gas industry deals worth $36.08bn were announced globally for February 2021, with the $7.2bn acquisition of Enable Midstream Partners being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 230.1% over the previous month of $10.93bn and a rise of 53.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $23.54bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 23.53% with 143 deals in February 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 187 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $22.72bn in February 2021.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Oil & Gas industry deals in February 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 64.7% of the overall value during February 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $23.35bn, against the overall value of $36.08bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of February 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Energy Transfer’s $7.2bn acquisition of Enable Midstream Partners
2) The $5.2bn private equity deal with Natural Gas Pipelineof America LLC by ArcLight Capital Partners
3) Bain Capital Private Equity and Cinven’s $4.67bn private equity deal with Lonza
4) The $3.69bn merger deal of ARC Resources and Seven Generations Energy by
5) PTTEP Mena’s asset transaction deal with BP Exploration (Epsilon) for $2.59bn.