Brookfield Infrastructure Partners’ $9.51bn acquisition deal with Inter Pipeline was the oil & gas industry’s biggest deal of Q1 2021 as deals worth $75.34bn were announced globally in the quarter, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 19.3% over the previous quarter and a rise of 5.6% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $71.33bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 14.09% with 503 deals in Q1 2021 against the average of 585.50 deals in the last four-quarters.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $42.83bn.
oil & gas industry deals in Q1 2021: Top deals
The top five oil & gas industry deals accounted for 40.2% of the overall value during Q1 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $30.27bn, against the overall value of $75.34bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of Q1 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Brookfield Infrastructure Partners’ $9.51bn acquisition deals with Inter Pipeline
2) The $7.2bn acquisition of Enable Midstream Partners by Energy Transfer
3) ArcLight Capital Partners’ $5.2bn private equity deal with Natural Gas Pipelineof America LLC
4) The $4.67bn private equity deal with Lonza by Bain Capital Private Equity and Cinven
5) The merger with ARC Resources and Seven Generations Energy for $3.69bn.