Total oil & gas industry M&A deals worth $1.79bn were announced in Europe in January 2021, led by AMS Holdco 2’s $614.14m acquisition of Scapa Group, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 69.1% over the previous month of $5.79bn and a drop of 19% when compared with the last 12-month average of $2.21bn.
Europe held a 17.90% share of the global oil & gas industry M&A deal value that totalled $10bn in January 2021. With a 6.31% share and deals worth $630.7m, the UK was the top country in Europe’s M&A deal value across oil & gas industry.
In terms of M&A deal activity, Europe recorded 28 deals during January 2021, marking a decrease of 41.67% over the previous month and a drop of 22.22% over the 12-month average. The UK recorded eight deals during the month.
Europe oil & gas industry M&A deals in January 2021: Top deals
The top five oil & gas industry M&A deals accounted for 86.8% of the overall value during January 2021.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas deals stood at $1.55bn, against the overall value of $1.79bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry M&A deals of January 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) AMS Holdco 2’s $614.14m acquisition of Scapa Group
2) The $320m asset transaction with MatlinPatterson Global Advisers by TMS Cardiff Gas
3) Ashland Global Holdings’ $316.96m asset transaction with Schulke & Mayr
4) The $182.73m acquisition of Gas Distribution Infrastructure by 2i Rete Gas
5) Euronav’s asset transaction with for $116m.