Total oil & gas industry M&A deals worth $12.4bn were announced in North America in October 2021, led by Ecolab’s $3.7bn acquisition of Purolite, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 62.4% over the previous month of $7.66bn and a rise of 49.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $8.32bn.
North America held a 77.17% share of the global oil & gas industry M&A deal value that totalled $16.12bn in October 2021. With a 75.93% share and deals worth $12.24bn, the US was the top country in North America’s M&A deal value across oil & gas industry.
In terms of M&A deal activity, North America recorded 30 deals during October 2021, marking an increase of 3.45% over the previous month and a drop of 14.29% over the 12-month average. The US recorded 25 deals during the month.
North America oil & gas industry M&A deals in October 2021: Top deals
The top five oil & gas industry M&A deals accounted for 93.7% of the overall value during October 2021.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas deals stood at $11.65bn, against the overall value of $12.4bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry M&A deals of October 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Ecolab $3.7bn acquisition deal with Purolite
2) The $3.4bn acquisition of 29.8% stake in Phillips 66 Partners by Phillips 66
3) Southwest Gas Holding $1.98bn acquisition deal with Dominion Energy Questar Pipeline
4) The $1.8bn acquisition of Oasis Midstream Partners by Crestwood Equity Partners
5) World Fuel Services $775m acquisition deal with Flyers Energy