Total oil & gas industry M&A deals worth $12.7bn were announced in Asia-Pacific in November 2022, led by Brookfield Renewable Partners and MidOcean Energy’s $11.9bn acquisition of Origin Energy, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 224.6% over the previous month of $3.91bn and a rise of 343.7% when compared with the last 12-month average of $2.86bn.
Asia-Pacific held a 47.98% share of the global oil & gas industry M&A deal value that totalled $26.45bn in November 2022. With a 45.63% share and deals worth $12.07bn, Australia was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s M&A deal value across oil & gas industry.
In terms of M&A deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 37 deals during November 2022, marking an increase of 2.78% over the previous month and a drop of 11.90% over the 12-month average. Marshall Islands recorded eight deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific oil & gas industry M&A deals in November 2022: Top deals
The top five oil & gas industry M&A deals accounted for 97.3% of the overall value during November 2022.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas deals stood at $12.34bn, against the overall value of $12.7bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry M&A deals of November 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Brookfield Renewable Partners and MidOcean Energy’s $11.9bn acquisition deal with Origin Energy
2) The $164.72m acquisition of Warrego Energy by Beach Energy
3) Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone’s $128.63m acquisition deal with Indian Oiltanking and IOT Utkal Energy Services
4) The $75m asset transaction for Hyundai Vietnam S510 Oil Tanker by Nereus Shipping
5) Navig8 Group’s $72.5m asset transaction deal for Althea Oil Tanker