Total Oil & gas industry M&A deals worth $3.9bn were announced globally in April 2022, led by Ithaca Energy’s $1.46bn acquisition of Siccar Point Energy, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 56.9% over the previous month of $9.12bn and a drop of 69.6% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $12.91bn.
Comparing M&A deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $1.62bn. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $1.55bn.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for Oil & gas industry M&A deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of M&A deals activity in April 2022 was the US with 12 deals, followed by the UK with four and China with three.
In 2022, as of April, Oil & gas M&A deals worth $27.03bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 46.5% year on year.
Oil & gas industry M&A deals in April 2022: Top deals
The top five M&A deals accounted for 81.5% of the overall value during April 2022.
The combined value of the top five Oil & gas M&A deals stood at $3.21bn, against the overall value of $3.9bn recorded for the month.
The top five Oil & gas industry M&A deals of April 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Ithaca Energy $1.46bn acquisition deal with Siccar Point Energy
2) The $624.7m acquisition of 3Bear Delaware Holding-NM by Delek Logistics Partners
3) Ergon $552.7m acquisition deal for 68% stake in Blueknight Energy Partners
4) The $369m acquisition of (Sub) and Sundance Energy by SilverBow Resources
5) Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone $201.04m acquisition deal with Ocean Sparkle