Total oil & gas industry M&A deals worth $5.7bn were announced in North America in August 2021, led by Holly Energy Partners and HollyFrontier’s $2.56bn acquisition of Sinclair Oil & Gas and Sinclair Transportation, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 86.3% over the previous month of $3.06bn and a drop of 30.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $8.21bn.
North America held a 54.23% share of the global oil & gas industry M&A deal value that totalled $10.51bn in August 2021. With a 53.09% share and deals worth $5.58bn, the US was the top country in North America’s M&A deal value across oil & gas industry.
In terms of M&A deal activity, North America recorded 26 deals during August 2021, marking a decrease of 42.22% over the previous month and a drop of 23.53% over the 12-month average. The US recorded 19 deals during the month.
North America oil & gas industry M&A deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five oil & gas industry M&A deals accounted for 98.4% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas deals stood at $5.61bn, against the overall value of $5.7bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry M&A deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Holly Energy Partners and HollyFrontier $2.56bn acquisition deal with Sinclair Oil & Gas and Sinclair Transportation
2) The $2.2bn acquisition of Vine Energy by Chesapeake Energy
3) Viper Energy Partners $498.43m acquisition deal with Swallowtail Royalties and Swallowtail Royalties II
4) The $268m acquisition of Alamo Pressure Pumping by NexTier Oilfield Solutions
5) Hydrofarm Holdings Group $83m acquisition deal with Greenstar Plant Products