Total oil & gas industry M&A deals worth $586.2m were announced in Asia-Pacific in June 2022, led by China BlueChemical’s $194.78m acquisition of CNOOC Orient Petrochemical, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 87.8% over the previous month of $312.14m and a drop of 51.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.21bn.
Asia-Pacific held a 6.23% share of the global oil & gas industry M&A deal value that totalled $9.41bn in June 2022. With a 6.00% share and deals worth $564.65m, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s M&A deal value across oil & gas industry.
In terms of M&A deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 27 deals during June 2022, marking an increase of 68.75% over the previous month and a rise of 35.00% over the 12-month average. China recorded 11 deals during the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Asia-Pacific oil & gas industry M&A deals in June 2022: Top deals
The top five oil & gas industry M&A deals accounted for 93.3% of the overall value during June 2022.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas deals stood at $546.99m, against the overall value of $586.2m recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry M&A deals of June 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) China BlueChemical $194.78m acquisition deal with CNOOC Orient Petrochemical
2) The $191.58m acquisition of Liaohe Oilfield (Panjin) Gas Storage by Liaohe Petroleum Exploration Bureau
3) Shandong Haihua $97.64m acquisition deal with Shandong Haihua Chlor Alkali Resin
4) The $53.32m acquisition of 51% stake in Jiangxi Aikesheng Chemical Materials by Zhejiang Zhongxin Fluoride Materials
5) Hailier Pharmaceutical Group $9.67m acquisition deal for 26% stake with Shaanxi Jinxinyi Chemical Technology