Total oil & gas industry M&A deals worth $6.9bn were announced in the US in May 2021, with EQT’s $2.93bn acquisition of Alta Marcellus Development and Ard Operating being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 7.6% over the previous month of $7.41bn and a drop of 16.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $8.2bn.
The US held a 66.25% share of the global oil & gas industry M&A deal value that totalled $10.34bn in May 2021.
In terms of M&A deal activity, the US recorded 26 deals during May 2021, marking a decrease of 31.58% over the previous month and a rise of 13.04% over the 12-month average.
US oil & gas industry M&A deals in May 2021: Top deals
The top five oil & gas industry M&A deals accounted for 100% of the overall value during May 2021.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas M&A deals stood at $6.85bn, against the overall value of $6.9bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry M&A deals of May 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) EQT’s $2.93bn acquisition of Alta Marcellus Development and Ard Operating
2) The $2.1bn acquisition of Ferro by Prince International
3) Kinder Morgan’ $1.23bn acquisition of Stagecoach Gas Services.
4) The $596m acquisition of Deer Park Refining by Petroleos Mexicanos
5) Verde Bio Holdings’ acquisition of Mineral And Royalty Interest In Oil And Gas Assets In Colorado And Ohio for $1.1m.