The $55m venture financing of Encina Development Group was the oil & gas industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $222.7m were announced globally in March 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 378.1% over the previous month of $46.58m and a drop of 21% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $281.69m.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $197.34m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $191.88m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for oil & gas industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in March 2022 was the US with 14 deals, followed by the Canada with three and China with three.
In 2022, as of March, oil & gas venture financing deals worth $368.97m were announced globally, marking an increase of 64.9% year on year.
oil & gas industry venture financing deals in March 2022: Top deals
The top five oil & gas industry venture financing deals accounted for 38.3% of the overall value during March 2022.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas venture financing deals stood at $85.35m, against the overall value of $222.7m recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry venture financing deals of March 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Imm Investment and SW Recycle Fund $55m venture financing deal with Encina Development Group
2) The $15.82m venture financing of Dalian Overseas Huasheng Electronic Technology by Chaiyuan Venture Capital,Shenzhen Tongchuang Weiye Asset Management and Wens Capital
3) Amati Global Investors and BP Ventures $7.9m venture financing deal with FlyLogix
4) The $5m venture financing of Cemvita Factory by Oxy Low Carbon Ventures and United Airlines Ventures
5) Buildit Accelerator and The Untitled Ventures $1.64m venture financing deal with SIA and Naco Technologies