The $10.5m venture financing of PRISM Worldwide was the oil & gas industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $44.3m were announced globally in August 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 90.7% over the previous month of $476.77m and a drop of 84% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $276.89m.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $31.73m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $31.73m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for oil & gas industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in August 2021 was the US with 14 deals, followed by the China with six and India with one.
In 2021, as of August, oil & gas venture financing deals worth $2.49bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 0.8% year on year.
oil & gas industry venture financing deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five oil & gas industry venture financing deals accounted for 66.1% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas venture financing deals stood at $29.32m, against the overall value of $44.3m recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry venture financing deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Columbia Pacific Advisors $10.5m venture financing deal with PRISM Worldwide
2) The $8.5m venture financing of Log 9 Materials Scientific by Amara Raja Batteries,Exfinity Ventures and Sequoia Capital India AdvisorsLtd.
3) Energy Impact Partners,Fine Structure Venture,Lowercarbon Capital and MCJ Collective — My Climate Journey $5m venture financing deal with Nitricity
4) The $3m venture financing of Pyran by Arosa Capital Management and Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation
5) Ningbo Lingzhou Chemical $2.32m venture financing deal with Hangzhou Puli Material Technology