The $128m venture financing of Crusoe Energy Systems was the oil & gas industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $491.2m were announced globally in April 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 245.7% over the previous month of $142.09m and a rise of 95.7% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $250.99m.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $486.48m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $480.48m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for oil & gas industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in April 2021 was the US with 26 deals, followed by the Republic of Korea (South Korea) with two and the UK with two.
In 2021, as of April, oil & gas venture financing deals worth $1.5bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 12.8% year on year.
oil & gas industry venture financing deals in April 2021: Top deals
The top five oil & gas industry venture financing deals accounted for 42.2% of the overall value during April 2021.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas venture financing deals stood at $207.27m, against the overall value of $491.2m recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry venture financing deals of April 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Bain Capital Ventures, Coinbase Ventures, DRW Venture Capital, Exor, Founders Fund, KCK Group, Lowercarbon Capital, Polychain Capital, Upper90, Valor Equity Partners, Winklevoss Capital Management and Zigg Capital’s $128m venture financing of Crusoe Energy Systems
2) The $50m venture financing of Seeq by Altira Group, Chevron Technology Ventures, Cisco Investments, Insight Partners, Saudi Aramco Energy Ventures and Second Avenue Partners
3) OGCI Climate Investments and Talis Capital’ $15m venture financing of Andium
4) The $10m venture financing of Project Canary by Energy Impact Partners, Global Reserve Group and Quantum Energy Partners
5) Bristol Private Equity Club, Britbots, ChampionX, Development Bank of Wales, Enterprise 100, Green Angel Syndicate and Newable Ventures’ venture financing of QLM Technology for $4.27m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.