The $167.71m venture financing of Plastic Energy was the oil & gas industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $520.6m were announced globally in November 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 665.9% over the previous month of $67.97m and a rise of 90.9% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $272.76m.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $257.68m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $248.96m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for oil & gas industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in November 2021 was the US with 26 deals, followed by the China with five and Canada with two.
In 2021, as of November, oil & gas venture financing deals worth $3.69bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 26.5% year on year.
oil & gas industry venture financing deals in November 2021: Top deals
The top five oil & gas industry venture financing deals accounted for 66.4% of the overall value during November 2021.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas venture financing deals stood at $345.46m, against the overall value of $520.6m recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry venture financing deals of November 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Axens,LetterOne Holdings and M&G Investments $167.71m venture financing deal with Plastic Energy
2) The $88.5m venture financing of Arris Composites by Alumni Ventures Group,Bosch Ventures,Modern Venture Partners,New Enterprise Associates,Taiwania Capital Management,Valo Ventures and XN – US
3) CPE Yuanfeng,Ganli Pharmaceutical,Hillhouse Ventures,Kexing Holdings,Sherpa Investment and Sinopharm Capital Management $78.37m venture financing deal with Suzhou Saifen Technology
4) The $5.48m venture financing of Fujian Blue Sea Blackstone New Material Technology by AVIC International Investment
5) Equinor Ventures $5.4m venture financing deal with Interface Fluidics