US oil & gas industry saw a drop of 44.90% in overall deal activity during April 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Delek Logistics Partners‘ $624.7m acquisition of 3Bear Delaware Holding-NM, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 27 deals worth $2.5bn were announced in April 2022, compared with the 12-month average of 49 deals.
M&A was the leading category in the month in terms of volume with 12 deals, which accounted for 44.4% of all deals.
In second place was venture financing with ten deals, followed by private equity with five transactions, respectively accounting for 37.04% and 18.5% of overall deal activity in the US technology industry during the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading deal category in the US oil & gas industry with total deals worth $1.55bn, while private equity and venture financing deals totalled $576.5m and $358.28m respectively.
US oil & gas industry deals in April 2022: Top deals
The top five oil & gas industry deals accounted for 88.5% of the overall value during April 2022.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas deals stood at $2.2bn, against the overall value of $2.5bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of April 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Delek Logistics Partners $624.7m acquisition deal with 3Bear Delaware Holding-NM
2) The $552.7m acquisition of 68% stake in Blueknight Energy Partners by Ergon
3) SilverBow Resources $369m acquisition deal with (Sub) and Sundance Energy
4) The $350m venture financing of Crusoe Energy Systems by Atreides Management,Bain Capital Ventures,Castle Island Ventures,CMT Digital Ventures,DRW Venture Capital,Engine No. 1,Exor Seeds,Felicis Ventures,Footprint Coalition Ventures,Founders Fund,G2 Venture Partners,Inclusive Capital Partners,Lowercarbon Capital,MCJ Collective,MitsuiGlobal Investment Inc,Polychain Capital,Tao Capital Partners,Upper90,Valor Equity Partners,Winklevoss Capital Management and Zigg Capital
5) EnCap Flatrock Midstream $300m private equity deal with Cardinal Midstream