US oil & gas industry saw a drop of 6.38% in overall deal activity during July 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Shell USA’s $1.96bn acquisition of Shell Midstream Partners, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 44 deals worth $5bn were announced in July 2022, compared with the 12-month average of 47 deals.
M&A was the leading category in the month in terms of volume with 26 deals, which accounted for 59.1% of all deals.
In second place was venture financing with 13 deals, followed by private equity with five transactions, respectively accounting for 29.6% and 11.4% of overall deal activity in the US technology industry during the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading deal category in the US oil & gas industry with total deals worth $4.4bn, while private equity and venture financing deals totalled $500m and $50.65m, respectively.
US oil & gas industry deals in July 2022: Top deals
The top five oil & gas industry deals accounted for 84.2% of the overall value during July 2022.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas deals stood at $4.17bn, against the overall value of $5bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of July 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Shell USA $1.96bn acquisition deal for 31.5% stake in Shell Midstream Partners
2) The $1.1bn acquisition of 52.3% stake in PBF Logistics by PBF Energy
3) Tenaris $460m acquisition deal with BENTELER Steel/Tube Manufacturing
4) The $339m acquisition of Petroteq Energy by Viston United Swiss
5) Azimuth Capital Management SGR,Decarbonization Partners,Mitsubishi Heavy Industries America,NextEra Energy Resources and TPG Rise Climate $300m private equity deal with Monolith Materials