View all newsletters
Receive our newsletter - data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. Market Data
November 12, 2021

Contract activities in midstream segment in North America up 100% in October 2021

By Carmen

The midstream segment contracts in North America registered an increase of 100% with 12 contracts in October 2021, when compared with the previous month’s total of six contracts, according to GlobalData’s oil and gas contracts database.

A total of 12 contracts were registered in the midstream segment of North America during the month, when compared with the last 12-month moving average of 19 contracts.


In terms of the number of contracts in North America, the upstream segment contributed the most with 69 contracts in October 2021, followed by midstream and downstream segments with 12 and five contracts, respectively.


Contract award activity in North America’s midstream segment during October 2021

In October 2021, the US led the activity with five contracts and a 42% share of the midstream oil and gas contracts in North America. It saw an increase of 25% over the previous month’s total of four contracts and a decrease of 67% when compared with the last 12 month-average of 15 contracts in the US.

In second place was Bermuda with two contracts and a 17% share, followed by Canada with one contract and an 8% share.

Based on 12-month moving average of the contracts in the midstream segment of North America, the US took the top spot with 15 contracts, followed by Canada and Bermuda with three and one contract, respectively.

Contracts by scope of work in North America’s midstream segment during October 2021

During the month, the majority of midstream segment contracts awarded in the North America were in the operations & maintenance with seven contracts, followed by procurement and design & engineering with four and three contracts, respectively.

Methodology

All publicly announced contracts are included in this analysis, which is drawn from GlobalData’s oil and gas contracts database that provides insights into awarded and expired contracts globally.

More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported contracts are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s oil and gas database.

Related Companies

NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. The top stories of the day delivered to you every weekday. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Friday. The industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every month.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU

Thank you for subscribing to Offshore Technology