Receive our newsletter – data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. News
August 1, 2019

Aker BP secures NPD permit to drill Well 2/1-17 S

Aker BP has secured a permit from the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) to drill Well 2/1-17 S using the Maersk Interceptor drilling facility.

Aker BP has secured a permit from the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) to drill Well 2/1-17 S using the Maersk Interceptor drilling facility.

The company plans to drill Well 2/1-17 S in position 56 49`6.15 N and 3 8`19.7 E.

According to NPD, the drilling programme for the well relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production licence 019 C in which Aker BP has an ownership interest of 80%, while MOL Norge owns the remaining 20% interest. The area in this licence comprises portions of block 2/1.

The company will drill Well 2/1-17 S about ten kilometres southeast of the Gyda field, an offshore oil field located in the southern Norwegian section of North Sea along with Ula, Tambar and Tambar East fields making up the UGT area.

Aker BP secured production licence 019 C on 14 September 1998. Well 2/1-17 S is said to be the first one to be drilled in this licence operated by the company. The company needs to secure other necessary permits and approvals required by other authorities before starting the drilling programme.

In May 2019, NPD granted Aker BP a permit for well 15/6-15, which will be drilled from the Deepsea Stavanger facility in position 58°40’35.74″N and 01°52’22.19″A. The company secured a drilling permit from NPD for well 25/4-12 S and well 25/4-12 A in 2018.

Content from our partners
Green investment: What gives Scotland multiple advantages
How the North of Tyne region is leveraging its legacy to define its future

The wells were drilled from the Deepsea Stavanger drilling facility in position 59°30’39.22″ N and 2°4’27.28″ E after concluding the drilling of wildcat well 7221/12-1 in production licence 659.

Related Companies

NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. The top stories of the day delivered to you every weekday. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Friday. The industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every month.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU