Sonangol and BP have agreed to collaborate on the development of the Platina field in Block 18 offshore Angola, South Africa.

The Platina field will be developed as a tieback to the existing Greater Plutonio floating production, storage and offloading vessel (FPSO). The final investment decision on the development is due in the second quarter of 2019. The field is anticipated to achieve first production by early-2022.

The co-development of the field will enable Sonangol and BP to deliver the best production capabilities for Angola.

Sonangol is a petroleum and natural gas production company based in Angola, while BP is a UK oil and gas company.

Petroleos Mexicanos (Pemex), the state-owned petroleum company of Mexico, has announced plans to invest Mex$464.6bn ($23bn) to increase its production output by 50% by 2025.

Pemex plans to invest Mex$211bn ($10.4bn) in exploration and production activities in 2019. The company will focus on onshore and shallow water developments instead of deepwater development.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.
“The co-development of the field will enable Sonangol and BP to deliver the best production capabilities for Angola.”

The investment plan will help Pemex in increasing its current daily production capacity of 1.730 million barrels of oil to 2.624 million barrels by 2024.

PTT Exploration and Production (PTTEP) has won the development bid for two concessions namely Erawan and Bonkot in the Gulf of Thailand.

PTTEP will own a 60% interest in the Erawan concession, while Mubadala will own the remaining 40%. The Bonkot concession will be solely owned by PTTEP.

Estimated to have a combined production capacity of 2.1 billion cubic feet a day, the concessions are expected to contribute 68% (Erawan) and 70% (Bonkot) of production profits to the Thai Government.

PTTEP is a state-owned company of Thailand.

Chrysaor is expected to engage in talks to acquire Chevron’s oil and gas assets located in the North Sea, UK, worth more than $2.5bn.

Chevron’s divestment plan includes various offshore fields in the North Sea, including Clair, Alba, Alder, Captain, Elgin/Franklin, Erskine, and Jade.

The divestment of these ageing assets will enable Chevron to focus on its higher yielding assets in the Permian Basin, Texas; and the Tengiz field in Kazakhstan.

Chrysaor is a UK-based exploration and production company, while Chevron is a US-based energy firm.