Deals this week: Woodside, L&T Hydrocarbon, Eni

18 January 2019 (Last Updated January 18th, 2019 07:49)

Woodside has awarded four front-end engineering and design (FEED) contracts for the proposed 7.3Tcf Scarborough gas development project in Western Australia.

Woodside has awarded four front-end engineering and design (FEED) contracts for the proposed 7.3Tcf Scarborough gas development project in Western Australia.

McDermott Australia received the contract for conducting engineering studies for the FPSO, while Subsea Integration Alliance, a consortium of OneSubsea Australia and Subsea 7 Australia, will conduct studies for the subsea umbilical risers and flowlines.

Saipem Australia was awarded the contract to provide support services for the export trunkline, with an option to execute line pipe coating and installation activities, while Intecsea was contracted to provide export trunkline engineering services.

Based in Australia, Woodside Energy is a petroleum exploration and production company, while McDermott International is a US-based engineering, procurement, construction, and installation company.

Both based in the US, OneSubsea is engaged in the subsea supply of oil and gas marker, while Subsea 7 is an offshore engineering, construction, and services company. Saipem is an oil and gas industry contractor based in Italy.

Saudi Aramco has awarded the engineering, procurement, construction, and installation (EPCI) contract for the Zuluf and Berry offshore fields to the consortium of L&T Hydrocarbon Engineering and Subsea 7.

The EPCI contract is for providing three oil production deck manifolds and subsea pipelines for the Zuluf and Berry fields.

“Eni aims to explore offshore petroleum development opportunities in the high-yielding Gulf areas of the Middle-East, through the transaction.”

The fabrication work of the project will be performed at the Hazira facility, owned by L&T, in Gujarat, India.

Based in India, L&T Hydrocarbon Engineering is an oil and gas industry service provider.

Eni has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the National Oil and Gas Authority (NOGA) of the Kingdom of Bahrain for conducting petroleum exploration activities at Block 1 in Bahrain.

Block 1 is a large unexplored offshore area in the northern waters of Bahrain, which extends in more than 2,800km² with water depths ranging from 10m to 70m.

Eni aims to explore offshore petroleum development opportunities in the high-yielding Gulf areas of the Middle-East, through the transaction.

Eni is an Italy-based oil and gas company, while NOGA is a state-owned oil and gas development unit of Bahrain.

Eni and Thailand’s PTT Exploration and Production Company Limited (PTTEP) have signed two concession agreements with Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) to acquire Thai PTT Exploration and Production Company (PTTEP) for offshore concessions in Abu Dhabi.

Based on the agreements, Eni will acquire a 70% stake in the Offshore Block 1 and Offshore Block 2 exploration areas for 35 years, while PTTEP will acquire the remaining 30% stake, as part of the concession agreements.

Eni has agreed to operate and invest AED844m ($230m) for exploring the two blocks, as part of the agreements.

Altus Intervention UK plans to invest in Drilling Systems’ MultiSIM simulator, which aims at providing safety and competency to personnel working offshore in the field.

The new training simulator will be installed at Altus’s Portlethen offshore field near Aberdeen, Scotland.

By realistically mirroring well intervention operations, MultiSIM gives opportunity for individuals to simulate scenarios they may not have encountered during normal operations.

Altus Intervention UK is a Scottish offshore well-intervention specialist company, while Drilling Systems, based in the UK, is an offshore design and manufacturing company.