View all newsletters
Receive our newsletter - data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. News
February 20, 2020updated 03 Aug 2020 11:45am

Neptune Energy produces first gas from Dutch North Sea well

UK-based Neptune Energy has produced first gas from the L5a-D4 well in the deepest producing gas field in the Dutch North Sea.

By Himaja Ganta

UK-based Neptune Energy has produced first gas from the L5a-D4 well in the deepest producing gas field in the Dutch North Sea.

This indicates the company’s commitment to improving its offshore gas production capabilities in the Netherlands.

Neptune Energy owns a 60% interest in the L5a-D platform and operates it. The company’s partner EBN holds the remaining 40% stake.

The L5a-D4 high pressure, high temperature (HPHT) well lies in the L5a-D field, around 100km north of Den Helder. Neptune connected tapped it at a depth of 5.5km and connected it to its L5a-D platform.

Neptune Energy Netherlands managing director Lex de Groot said: “We continue to seek opportunities to grow our business in the Netherlands and to enhance our offshore gas production. Dutch offshore natural gas remains hugely important for heating Dutch homes.

“Production of Dutch natural gas also contributes directly and indirectly to the Dutch economy and produces 30% lower CO₂ emission than imported gas.”

Neptune Energy said that the production follows the drilling of the E17a-A6 well, situated about 160km from Den Helder. The well became operational in October.

The L5a-D platform comprises gas treatment and export facilities, and support systems.

In April, Neptune Energy and its partners decided to develop the Seagull oil and gas field in the UK North Sea.

In August 2018, Neptune Energy signed an agreement to acquire working interests in two UK Central North Sea development and exploration assets. These previously belonged to Apache.

Related Companies

NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. The top stories of the day delivered to you every weekday. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Friday. The industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every month.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU

Thank you for subscribing to Offshore Technology