Chiyoda International Indonesia, a subsidiary of Chiyoda, has secured a contract from Eni Muara Bakau for the engineering, procurement, construction and installation (EPCI) of a new barge floating production unit (FPU) at Jangkrik and Jangkrik North East gas field development in Indonesia, for approximately $1.1bn.

Chiyoda has received a contract in collaboration with Saipem Indonesia, Tripatra Engineers and Constructors, and Hyundai Heavy Industries.

The scope of the contract comprises engineering, procurement, fabrication of the FPU (hull and topside) and installation of a mooring system, along with hook-up, commissioning and assistance to the start-up.

The new spread-moored FPU will be built with a capacity to treat 450 million standard cubic feet per day of gas and condensates, according to Chiyoda.

"With a 55% stake, Eni is the operator of Eni Muara Bakau, while GDF Suez holds the remaining 45%."

Through the existing East Kalimantan pipeline facilities, gas produced by the FPU will be delivered to Bontang LNG plants, which were constructed by Chiyoda.

Chiyoda said that the overall project management, engineering and procurement of the Jangkrik FPU project will be carried out in Jakarta and topsides fabrication activities at Saipem’s Karimun Yard in Indonesia.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData

HHI’s shipyard in Ulsan, South Korea, will be used to fabricate the hull, according to Chiyoda.

With a 55% stake, Eni is the operator of Eni Muara Bakau, while GDF Suez holds the remaining 45%.

Chiyoda is involved in providing services in the fields of engineering, procurement and construction for gas processing, refineries and hydrocarbon or industrial plant projects, such as gas value chain projects in South East Asia, Oceania, Middle East and Russia.