Receive our newsletter – data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. News
February 9, 2015updated 26 Oct 2021 7:41am

CNOOC signs PSCs with SK Innovation for two blocks in South China Sea

China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) has signed two production sharing contracts (PSCs) with SK Innovation for two blocks in the South China Sea.

China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) has signed two production sharing contracts (PSCs) with SK Innovation for two blocks in the South China Sea.

The two blocks, 04/20 and 17/03, are situated in the Pearl River Mouth Basin.

Block 04/20 covers a total area of 5,138km² and block 17/03 covers a total area of 7,686km².

SK will operate both blocks, which have a water depth of 50m to 100m and are included in CNOOC’s open blocks in offshore China for 2012.

“Both companies will undertake 2D seismic data surveys and will drill exploration wells.”

CNOOC will bear 20% of the costs required for the exploration operations, with SK will bearing the remaining 80%.

Both companies will undertake 2D seismic data surveys and will drill exploration wells.

Content from our partners
How the North of Tyne region is leveraging its legacy to define its future
Q&A with Chevron Lubricants’ Paul Sly, global industrial OEM specialist, and Nathan Knotts, global brand technical manager
The important role of antifoam agents in oil-gas separation and amine treating

After entering the development phase, CNOOC will be allowed to participate in up to 60% of the working interest in any commercial discoveries in the blocks.

CNOOC said upon signing the PSCs, it will assign all of its rights and obligations under such contracts, except for those associated to its administrative functions to CNOOC China.

In December 2014, CNOOC signed PSCs with KUFPEC (China) for three blocks in the South China Sea.

The blocks, 52/22, 52/26 and 63/13, are situated in the Yinggehai Basin of the South China Sea.

Related Companies

NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. The top stories of the day delivered to you every weekday. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Friday. The industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every month.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU