Image

Jumbo has won a contract from Technip Oceania to install 13 subsea structures for the Chevron-operated Wheatstone Project, Western Australia.

The contract requires Jumbo to install pipeline termination structures, SSIV structures, tee protection structures and drill-centre manifolds.

Jumbo will use its Fairplayer DP2 heavy-lift vessel for the installation, which is expected to start in April / May 2015.

Jumbo manager of commerce offshore Roddy Lafontaine said: "This award allows us to continue our long-standing relationship with Technip in providing unique subsea heavy-lift solutions."

The Wheatstone Project will include an onshore facility situated at Ashburton North Strategic Industrial Area, 12km west of Onslow in Western Australia’s Pilbara region.

"The foundation project includes two liquefied natural gas (LNG) trains, with a combined capacity of 8.9 million tonnes per annum."

The foundation project includes two liquefied natural gas (LNG) trains, with a combined capacity of 8.9 million tonnes per annum, and a domestic gas plant.

The project will be developed using a subsea gas gathering system, which will be tied back to the Wheatstone Platform.

Gas will be exported from the platform to the onshore LNG facility via a trunkline. First gas production and LNG start-up is expected in 2015.

Chevron holds a 64.14% stake in the project, while Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Company holds a 13.4% interest.

Apache and Kyushu Electric Power own 13% and 1.46% stakes repectively, while PE Wheatstone holds an 8% stake.

About 80% of the project’s foundation capacity will be fed with natural gas from the Wheatstone and Iago fields. The remaining 20% of gas will be supplied from the Julimar and Brunello fields.


Image: Chevron operates the Wheatstone project in Western Australia with a 64.14% stake. Photo: courtesy of Jumbo.

Energy