The CGG Amadeus vessel has started a seismic acquisition programme for Singapore-based KrisEnergy in the G10/48 contract area in the Gulf of Thailand.  

The 884km² 3D acquisition programme has been awarded to CGG Services and is estimated to last 41 days.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

CGG will perform the programme in north-west and south-west of Wassana sub-areas of the G10/48 licence between up to 38km from the Wassana mobile offshore production unit.

The oilfield came into production in August last year.

"The block covers 1,783km²."

Upon completion, data acquired is planned to be integrated with existing information from identified prospective areas of the G10/48 block, which also comprises the Niramai, Mayura and Rayrai oil accumulations.

The block covers 1,783km² across the Gulf of Thailand’s two discreet areas over the southern margin of the Pattani Basin in water depths of 60m.

KrisEnergy owns 89% stake in the block and also operates it, while the remaining 11% interest is owned by Palang Sophon.

The Gulf of Thailand is a core operational area for the company, which has non-operated working interests in the B8/32, B9A and G11/48 producing blocks.

In blocks G10/48 and G6/48, the company drilled four successful exploration wells last year and also submitted a plan of development for the Rossukon oilfield.

KrisEnergy also operates Block A across the maritime border in Cambodian waters.