Swedish exploration and production firm Lundin Petroleum has signed an agreement to sell the Bertam floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO) vessel to M3nergy’s wholly owned subsidiary M3nergy Investment for $265m.

Under the agreement, Lundin Petroleum has agreed to sell 100% issued share capital of Lundin Services, which owns the FPSO Bertam, to Malaysian state-backed M3nergy.

Subject to certain completion conditions, including finalisation of M3nergy’s external financing, the deal is planned to be completed during the first quarter of 2016.

"This transaction will allow us to redeploy this capital into other areas of our business to fund our value driven growth."

Lundin Petroleum president and CEO Alex Schneiter said: "We are very pleased to be doing this deal with M3nergy, an experienced Malaysian FPSO owner.

"Owning infrastructure assets is not part of Lundin Petroleum’s core strategy and this transaction will allow us to redeploy this capital into other areas of our business to fund our value driven growth."

In 2015, Lundin Petroleum carried out an extensive upgrade and life extension programme on the FPSO Bertam in 2015.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

The FPSO is now operating on the producing Bertam field located within the PM307 production sharing contract (PSC) area, 160km off the coast of Kuantan in Peninsular Malaysia.

Located in water depths of 76m, the Bertam oilfield is estimated to hold gross reserves of 18.4 million barrels of oil equivalent.

Lundin Petroleum operates the block, which covers an area of approximately 6,126km², with 75% stake while Petronas Carigali owns the remaining 25% interest.