Normand Vision

Norwegian subsea contractor Ocean Installer has secured a deal with Folawiyo Aje Services to develop the Aje Ph1 project off the coast of Nigeria.

Ocean Installer will begin offshore construction works for the contract with immediate effect. It will provide services that include mooring buoy installation and hook-up, flowline and umbilical installation.

Folawiyo Aje Services will act as technical advisor to Yinka Folawiyo Petroleum, which operates the Aje field.

Ocean Installer CEO Steinar Riise said: "We are very pleased to have been awarded our second major contract in West Africa.

"Ocean Installer will use its construction support vessel Normand Vision to carry out offshore operations."

"We are looking forward to joining efforts with Ariosh Engineering on this project to ensure a safe, high-quality and efficient execution."

Ocean Installer will use its construction support vessel Normand Vision to carry out offshore operations, which are set to begin during the first half of 2016. Its offices in Stavanger, Aberdeen and Houston Engineering will perform engineering for the project.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

The Aje field is located in oil mining lease 113 (OML 113) in the Benin Basin, about 24km offshore of western Nigeria in water depths of 900m and covers an area of 835km².

OML 113 is operated by Yinka Folawiyo Petroleum with 60% interest and the remaining 40% is owned by a joint venture of Chevron Nigeria Deepwater, Vitol Exploration Nigeria, Panoro Energy, Energy Equity Resources and Jacka Resources.

In 2014, a new 3D seismic survey, covering the whole of OML 113 was acquired and will be used for locating subsequent development wells, as well as pursuing exploration and appraisal targets.

Image: Ocean Installer’s Normand Vision vessel will be used to perform offshore operations at Aje field. Photo: courtesy of Ocean Installer.