View all newsletters
Receive our newsletter - data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. News
March 9, 2015

Oil production starts at Qinhuangdao 32-6 project in China

Oil production has been started at the Qinhuangdao 32-6 comprehensive adjustment project in China.

Oil production has started at the Qinhuangdao 32-6 comprehensive adjustment project in China.

CNOOC operates and holds a 75.5% working interest in the project. Chevron China Energy owns the remaining 24.5% stake.

The Qinhuangdao 32-6 oilfield is situated to the north of Bohai Bay, with an average water depth of about 20m.

The main production facilities of the project include four platforms and 99 producing wells.

"The company has stakes in 45 crude oil and gas properties in four major producing areas, including Bohai Bay, Western South China Sea, Eastern South China Sea and East China Sea."

The project is anticipated to reach its ODP designed peak production of around 36,000 barrels per day in 2015.

CNOOC produces offshore crude oil and natural gas in China. It engages mainly in exploration, development, production and sale of oil and natural gas.

The company has stakes in 45 crude oil and gas properties in four major producing areas, including Bohai Bay, Western South China Sea, Eastern South China Sea and East China Sea.

Chevron’s activities in China include petroleum exploration and production, and fuels and lubricants marketing.

The company has a production-sharing contract with China National Petroleum for the joint development of the Chuandongbei natural gas area in the Sichuan Basin in southwest China.

Related Companies

NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. The top stories of the day delivered to you every weekday. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Friday. The industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every month.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU

Thank you for subscribing to Offshore Technology