Receive our newsletter – data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. News
December 10, 2013

Rolls-Royce secures contract to boost UAE oil production

Rolls-Royce is set to supply power generation equipment and services to Abu Dhabi Marine Operating Company (ADMA-OPCO) to help boost oil and gas processing at the Satah Al- Razboot (SARB) offshore project in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), as part of a contract.

Rolls-Royce

Rolls-Royce is set to supply power generation equipment and services to Abu Dhabi Marine Operating Company (ADMA-OPCO) to help boost oil and gas processing at the Satah Al-Razboot (SARB) offshore project in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), as part of a contract.

Awarded by the Korean engineering, procurement and construction firm Hyundai Engineering and Construction (HDEC), the contract is said to be the first Trent 60 gas turbine sale to a Korean EPC and brings the total number of turbines operating in the region’s oil and gas market to fourteen.

According to the global power systems company, the SARB project will play a key role in boosting domestic oil and gas production in the UAE.

As part of the contract, the company will supply five aero-derivative Trent 60 gas turbine generator sets to power offshore production platforms and oil and gas processing facilities on Zirku Island.

Featuring low emissions technology to minimise environmental impact, each gas turbine can produce up to 66MW of power.

Commenting on the development, Rolls-Royce energy president Andrew Heath said: "This contract reflects the Trent 60’s attractiveness as the most powerful and reliable aero-derivative gas turbine available and strengthens our role supporting the Middle East’s critical energy infrastructure."

Content from our partners
Green investment: What gives Scotland multiple advantages
How the North of Tyne region is leveraging its legacy to define its future
Q&A with Chevron Lubricants’ Paul Sly, global industrial OEM specialist, and Nathan Knotts, global brand technical manager

The equipment will be manufactured and packaged at Rolls-Royce’s facilities located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada and Mount Vernon, Ohio, US.

SARB involves the construction of facilities required to transfer oil drilled on 86 wells of the offshore oil field, situated 120km north-west of Abu Dhabi. Collection and transport facilities will be constructed on two artificial islands.

One more facility will be built by HDEC in Zirku Island to separate gas from crude oil collected in the SARB and Umm Al Lulu oil fields.

The Zirku Island oil and gas processing facility will have a daily capacity of 200,000 barrels of oil, equivalent to 160,000 200l drums, and 35 million cubic feet of gas.

Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) owns 60% of ADMA-OPCO, while the remaining 40% share is divided among BP, Total and JODCO.


Image: Rolls-Royce facility at Inchinnan. Photo: This photograph is reproduced with the permission of Rolls-Royce plc, copyright © Rolls-Royce plc 2012.

Nri energy

Related Companies

NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. The top stories of the day delivered to you every weekday. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Friday. The industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every month.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU