Tulip Oil Netherlands Offshore has raised nearly €87m though a five-year senior secured bond, which is priced at a Euribor rate of €3m, plus 8.5%.

The company has also applied for the senior secured bond to be listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange.

With net proceeds, Tulip Oil intends to develop the Q07A gasfield 20km offshore in the shallow waters of the Netherlands.

The oilfield was discovered in 2015 and the company secured a production license for the Q7/Q10a blocks from the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs in July this year.

Tulip Oil Netherlands CEO Imad Mohsen said: “The proceeds from the bond will enable Tulip Oil to put Q07A into production and generate significant cashflow.

“It will ultimately also allow the company to explore the considerable potential of the Q7/Q10a blocks together with the other assets in the group.”

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.
“Proceeds from the bond will enable Tulip Oil to put Q07A into production and generate significant cashflow.”

Production from this oilfield is expected to contribute significantly to the Dutch economy and negate the impact of the fall in output from other offshore assets in the country.

Tulip Oil chief financial officer Martin Bell said: “This bond issuance marks a significant step forward for Tulip Oil and a re-opening of the high yield bond market for the E&P sector.

“This is testament to the high-quality of the Q07A discovery and the Tulip Oil management team.”

Tulip Oil Netherlands operates the Q07a/Q10 block with a 60% interest. The remaining 40% stake is with Energie Beheer Nederland.

ABG Sundal Collier acted as sole manager for the company in the issuance of bonds.