Share this article

Wintershall Noordzee has started production from its Ravn oilfield in Block 5/06 of the Danish North Sea. 

The field started producing oil from a depth of nearly 4,000m through a newly constructed production platform approximately 300km from the Dutch town Den Helder.

Oil produced is transported to the Wintershall Noordzee’s A6-A processing platform through a subsea pipeline.

Located around 18km from the Ravn platform, the processing platform is fed into the existing export network to the Netherlands. 

Wintershall Noordzee managing director Robert Frimpong said: “Production start-up of the Ravn field has commenced thanks to the perseverance, innovation and dedication of our teams.

“Ravn paves the way for potential further oil and gas developments in this region.” 

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData

The Ravn field is being developed in a phased manner using an ‘Appraisal through Development’ concept that will allow Wintershall to procure performance data consistently on well productivity and the lateral extent of the reservoir.

"Ravn paves the way for potential further oil and gas developments in this region."

Data will provide further field development options for the company.

Wintershall Noordzee owns 63.64% interest in the Ravn field and the remaining 36.36% stake is owned by Danish state-owned oil and gas company Nordsøfonden. 

Netherlands-based Wintershall Noordzee was established in 1965 and is equally owned by Wintershall Holding and Gazprom International. 

The company operates 25 platforms and seven subsea production systems in the North Sea.

Image: The Ravn field produces oil from a depth of about 4,000m. Photo: ©  Wintershall Holding GmbH.