Wood Group has been selected to provide four-year operations and maintenance for Statoil’s Peregrino development in offshore Brazil.

Under a contract awarded on behalf of the Peregrino licence partners, the company will offer services for two wellhead platforms (Alpha and Bravo) on the development and modification services for both units and the FPSO Peregrino.

The two wellhead platforms have been operated by Wood Group since 2009.

Located in the Campos basin at about 100m water depth in licenses BMC-7 and BMC-47, the Peregrino field is Statoil´s first operatorship outside the Norwegian Continental Shelf.

As part of the contract, Wood Group will provide services which cover all production processes and equipment except drilling services while introducing a new operating model for the field.

"We have decided to group these contracts in line with our corporate strategy of simplification, cost optimisation and production efficiency."

Statoil Development Production International South America senior vice-president and Brazil country manager Pal Eitrheim said: "We have decided to group these contracts in line with our corporate strategy of simplification, cost optimisation and production efficiency.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

"We have been working closely with Wood Group in Peregrino field and we look forward to strengthening our partnership for the next four years."

Wood Group has supported the Peregrino project throughout its development.

The Peregrino field commenced production on April 2011 and currently produces around 90,000bpd.

Statoil holds 60% ownership and operates the field, while the remaining 40% is held by Sinochem.

Image: A well head platform on the Peregrino field. Photo: © Statoil.